sábado, 23 de octubre de 2010

"You may have the universe if I may have Italy"

Here is another dedicated post, but this one is not to a particular city, but to beautiful Italy,
and to the ever perfect Verona, Milano, Venetia, Firenze and Rome.
And also, its for those moments where you find yourself confused and lost and suddenly "BAM" a place can surprise you in the perfect way, you suddenly feel a indescribable happiness and you feel so full and complete.
I also have to say that you have to learn to look beyond whats in front of you, don't just take what you are supposed to be seeing or learning, there is always something better but you have to look to find this, and smile :)

I feel obligated to mention that Italy is place full of incredible art, history, food and talent, and now that I mention it, I have found a new love and respect to the wonderful "Michelangelo". Believe me this genius made perfection of so many places and things.
And Im not only saying this because he is famous (Like the other famous master Leonardo Da Vinci)
even if he wasn't as famous as he is, he will still stand up to the people that really see beauty even if its hidden.

Now enough of this weird speech I am giving you, I present you some pictures I
took while traveling in Italy and some quotes of the
amazing, awe-inspiring, awesome,arresting, sensational, stunning, astonishing, astounding, staggering, stupefying imposing, noble, dazzling, eye-popping, fulgurant, fulgurous, dramatic, spectacular, striking, expansive, grand, heroic, formidable, gallant, lofty, majestic, proud, brilliant, glorious, magnificent, splendid, grandiose, mind-boggling, palatial, thundering ITALY!


"A man who has not been in Italy, is always conscious of an inferiority, from his not having seen what it is expected a man should see."
--Samuel Johnson--



"The Creator made Italy from designs by Michaelangelo."
--Mark Twain--


"Even now I miss Italy dearly, I dream about it every night."
--Eila Hiltunen--






"Methinks I will not die quite happy without having seen something of that Rome of which I have read so much."
--Sir Walter Scott--



"Italy is a dream that keeps returning for the rest of your life."
--Anna Akhmatova--



"Italy, my Italy! Queen Mary's saying serves for me .Open my heart and you will see Graved inside of it, Italy.'"
--Robert Browning--



"Thou Paradise of exiles, Italy!"
--Percy Bysshe Shelley--


Fair Italy! Thou art the garden of the world, the home Of all Art yields, and Nature can decree; Even in thy desert, what is like to thee?

-Rochdale-


"Italy, and the spring and first love all together should suffice to make the gloomiest person happy."
--Bertrand Russell--



"Venice is like eating an entire box of chocolate liqueurs in one go."
--Truman Capote--



"White swan of cities slumbering in thy nest . . . White phantom city, whose untrodden streets Are rivers, and whose pavements are the shifting Shadows of the palaces and strips of sky."
--Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, "Venice"--



"What is the fatal charm of Italy? What do we find there that can be found nowhere else? I believe it is a certain permission to be human, which other places, other countries, lost long ago."
--Erica Jong--



"Traveling is the ruin of all happiness! There's no looking at a building after seeing Italy."
--Fanny Burney--




"For us to go to Italy and to penetrate into Italy is like a most fascinating act of self-discovery ,back, back down the old ways of time. Strange and wonderful chords awake in us, and vibrate again after many hundreds of years of complete forgetfulness."
--D.H. Lawrence--

This quotes say in many many many ways how I felt about Italy :) and so much more.....

Hope this wasn't "too much".
Prego Prego Prego Imaginary Readers.

Ciaoooo.
(All of this pictures belong to this site and where taken by me, so I must implore you
to NOT steal them or I will personally find you and KICK-YOUR-ASS) Grazie!
(Todas estas imágenes pertenecen a este sitio y fueron tomadas por mí, entonces debo implorarles a NO robarlas o personalmente los encontraré y les dare una patada en el trasero y dolerá TUTTO) Gracias!

2 comentarios:

Miri Rios dijo...

AMEEEE AMEE AMEE las fotos!
ya medio me conto marifer sus aventuras en italia!
:)
missing you guys sooo fucking much!!!!

M. Navarro dijo...

:) that is italy babe! me encanto la entrada!
solo que... cuando princesa?