miércoles, 8 de septiembre de 2010

The wonders of Thyssen-Bornemisza Museum

Let me tell you guys that The Prado was amazing, but Thyssen-Bornemisza Museum was SUPREME!
I felt like I wanted to fall in my knees and kiss the floor of this museum, the collection was too much for me,
there were so many things I loved. I had to trouble keeping up with my brain, heart and feet. It all went in a blur of surreal
happiness, and I plan to go back and just seat and stare for hours at my favorite paintings.

But first, like always, I´ll share some of my favorite, I couldn't find all of them or even post them here.
But I did find MANY of my them as well so here it is:

Rembrandt: "Self-portrait"
The look on his face says everything.

Lichtenstein: "Mujer en el baño"
Pop art :)
Lindner Richard: "Thank you"
The rich colors and shapes on this one make me drool.

Gauguin: "Mata Mua"
Lindner Richard: "Luna sobre alabama"
Again, drooling. Someone wipe the floor please!


Toulousse-Lautrec: " La pelirroja con blusa blanca"
This guy was a genius.
Oscar Kokoschka: " Retrato de Max Schmidt"
Tears. drop. drop. drop.

Grosz: "Metrópolis"
The image I posted is not the best quality, you have to see this live, I stared at this one
like 20 straight minutes, so much power and meaning!
LOVED IT! CROSS MY HEART. I wanna be buried with this painting.

Richard Estes: " Nedick´s"
Looks like a photograph right? It´s not, that the point!.

Lyonel Feininger: "El hombre Blanco"
C. A. N. T. D.E.S.C.R.I.B.E. T. H. I. S.


Salvador (MY LOVE) Dalí: "Sueño causado por el vuelo de una abeja alrededor de una granada un segundo antes de despertar"
Let me just say, that if I could meet Dalí right here right now, I would probably cry and scream like a
13 year old Jonas Brothers/Hanna Montana fan. Then I would compose myself and bow or do something ridiculous, and then I would tell him what and inspiration he is to me and that I love him and to please make a portrait of me. Then I would cry some more and hug him, and then
I would sit on a chair, order wine and talk to him for days about everything in this world. Are we clear how much I love Dalí?
(Embarrassing confession: I totally cried when I saw this painting up close)

Forian "Bailarinas en rosa"
The colors, the strokes. Damn! Beautiful!
Henry Manguin "Las estampas"
Henry Manguin: " El reposo de la modelo"
Campendonk: " Joven Pareja"
Picasso: "Los segadores"
Picasso, is well, just Picasso, I love Picasso.
Kirchner: "Cocina Alpina"

Van Gogh: " Los descargadores en Arles"
I´m not a fan of Van Gogh, but this one I really liked.

Cézanne: "Retrato a una campesino"
This was by far one of my favorites, I love the fact that the man could be anyone, but at the same time he has his individuality.
Degas: "Bailarina basculando"
I love the movement and the colors in the tutu.

Berthe Morisot: "El espejo de vestir"
When I looked this painting I felt relaxed and happy, but at the same time I felt like I was staring at a private moment and interrupting the ease of this peculiar lady.
Filnov: "Prisión"
So many emotions here.
Schiele: "Desnudo tumbado con los brazos hacia atrás"
Priceless. Simple and beautiful.
Max Ernst: "Treinta y tres muchachas en busca de la mariposa blanca"
Hoblein Hans: "Henry the VIII"
Again, maybe I really liked this because of my love to the history and life of this man and his family and lovers and daughters (Elizabeth I ,sigh...) and this man, Hoblein Hans, also made a portrait if Thomas More, and I love Thomas More, I love "Utopia".

Salvador (MY HEROE) Dalí: " Gradiva descubre las ruinas andromorfas"
No further things to say here. I explained myself earlier.

I love impressionism, and surrealism.
There are many incredible painters that I don't mention here, but soon Im going
to the "Reina Sofía" museum, lets see how that goes ;)

1 comentario:

M. Navarro dijo...

Sabia que amarias el Thyssen :) fue mi favorito de los tres ;) ;) ;)
y aqui, preparate para ver MAS DALI! :D