jueves, 2 de septiembre de 2010

The art of "El Prado museum"

Art is subjective.
Do you know the feeling? Your eyes get stuck, you cant move or blink, and you start to feel tears begging to get out, and you just sigh and smile. That is art to me, what makes me feel.
To me not all famous paintings are great, or maybe I just don't like their technique, colors, faces, shapes or whatever.
"The Prado" museum is amazing so I felt the urge to share with you guys my favorite paintings in this incredible place.
Maybe they don't like that amazing here (I couldn't take photographs so I had to share the images I found in the internet), but standing in front of this paintings was an experience I cant describe with just words.


Alonso Sánchez Coello: "Las infantas Isabel and Catalina."
Just amazing.
Antonio Moro: "Maria Tudor"
This one was probably one of my favorites because I love the history of England and the royal family of the Tudors, and Maria was a very intriguing woman and queen, if you know her history you realize that all the suffering and rejection from her dad King Henry VIII in her face.

Roger Van Der Wegden: "The descent"
This is a huge painting, the people in this are almost real live size, their faces are perfect and they make you feel awkward and sad. It almost looks too real, I felt like they where outside the frame.
Claudio de Lorena: "Embarco de Santa Paula Romana"
One of the few landscape paintings in The Prado, just look at the light.
José de Ribera (HE IS AMAZING): "Joseph´s dream"
Can you find the secret in this painting?
Velázques: "Reina Doña Isabel de Borbón a caballo"
See the details in her dress
Velázques: "Las meninas"
I now understand why this painting is so famous, it is STUNNING!
Louis Michel Van Loo- " The family of Philip V"

Rubens: "El jardín del amor"

Hubert Robert: " El coliseo de Roma"


José Ribera: "El martirio de San Felipe"
José de Ribera: "La barbuda"
This is the painting of a woman who had a beard and her husband.
And of course "El jardín de las delicias" de El bosco, but I could not find an image that could be posted, but if you can, google it or something.

Thanks for reading.

No hay comentarios: