martes, 24 de agosto de 2010

Animals, zoo and stuff.


About a month ago, for my birthday I went to the zoo. I know, I know, what kind of 22 year old girl "parties" for her birthday at a zoo, well thats me, I love animals, and this was a "special" zoo. When I say special I mean the kind of zoo where your drive in your car, and animals come to your window and you can feed them, to me this is very exciting, my own "safari drive".

So anyway, after a long drive with my friends and sister (a kind of road-trip ), I met this amazing creatures, and some of them where very smelly, but mostly cute.
So I thought, What the hell?! I´ll share (a little late I may say) with my imaginary readers some of the animals I photographed and loved the most.

This is a Tiger, well daaa, a sleeping tiger. The sound of my brakes made him very uncomfortable. In this area of the zoo you had to keep your windows closed, and of course NO FEEDING THE TIGERS and LIONS! Picture that. Come here kitty kitty.


This is the "Barbary sheep" who has creepy looking eyes. He was friendly enough and I just love the way the "preys" have the eyes on the side of their head and not in front, like us. Plus he is smiling in this pic, very mysterious and sexy.
This is a Hipo, yes yes people, a Hippopotamus, this specific hipos spend a LOT of their time with their mouth open, pleading to be fed, and let me tell you guys something, this fellow really needs to get his teeth cleaned, the way they eat, it was, well iuck! But he looks happy and relaxed. I envy him in some ways.

This is Shanti, a gorgeous Elephant. Many years ago, when I was younger, and she was younger, we were both younger, you get the idea, I went on a ride with my grandfather on top of this pretty lady, but now Shanti is a little more crabby and you cant actually touch her, but she loves when you throw her food and she gets all the attention. I think in this photo she is looking at me like she recognizes me, you know what they say about elephants and their memories.

Capybara, Capybara, Capybara. Don´t you just love saying this. Naaaa maybe its just me. Well this was one of my favorites by far, I just wanted to steal him and make a run for it! He was too cute for his own good! He just let me pamper him, stood there motionless while I was completely infatuated with him! Just look at his eyes. Cute right?! And that spiky hair, amazing!
This my friends is a soup of "Aquatic Buffalos". Very low key animals, they just love to spend their day in this very refined spa. And I have to be honest, I wanted to run out of my car and jump in their pool and splashhhh! Just hang out. Talk gossip. Look at the humans, and be refreshed, because it was a very very hot and humid day at the zoo!

This guy, well I have to honest, I don´t exactly remember his name or species but just look at that face. He is sooo posing in this photo. And he is like "What?!" "Are you looking at me?".
And he smelled. He smelled really bad! He was very upfront and NOT scared of me at all. He actually introduced his whole head inside my car. The smell was ewww. But I liked him anyway. I like men who are not afraid to go after what they want.

The amazing Dromedary. I actually went for a ride in one of them, not this one, and they are very cute and lovable. This one in particular was a maverick, he stole (as you can see) my friend whole can with food, and proceeded to eat all of its content and then he threw the EMPTY can back to us. Very classy.

This is a Llama. They have a very funny but beautiful hair. I can see myself owning a Llama in a future, maybe if I move to the Andes. He was also a vicious eater. And he scratched himself on a tree. Like Baloo (If you don´t know who Baloo is, please read more books or watch more Disney movies).

Chan Chan Chan. Thats right. I witnessed something you don't see every day, except maybe in Animal planet. A male "Panthera tigris tigris and a female "Panthera tigris tigris" having SEX!
Big sentence. The female, of course, after a few minutes got really angry by the public display and decided to run away, leaving the male mad, alone and horny.

That is the same guy from the previous photo, he got really really close to my car. Which I have to be honest, scared me a little bit. I suddenly imagined myself and friends on "Prey" (2007 movie), or "The ghost and the darkness" (1996 movie).

The very well known Meerkats. Very popular animals thanks to "The Lion King and Meerkat Manor" (That is actually a reality show, of meerkats, seriously).
They love to play and if you interrupt them they will look at you like this: "What are you staring at ASSHOLE" (Interpretation).
And then proceed to bite and growl "playfully" at the nearest thing they find. In this case another Meerkat. But I think they are cute. Like puppies with sharp teeth and funny looking ears.

This was my favorite, the grant´s Zebra. Just picture a beautiful outstanding horse. I love horses. Im not sure if he was a he or she was a she, but she/he loved us. This gal was pretty arrogant with the rest of the cars, she/he wouldn't come closer, but for us, he/she DID!
He/She came up to my car, and scratched her/his face in my mirror, and of course she/he let us feed her/him and scratch her/his ichy places (the face of course).
STUNNING!

Well this post sadly ,or gladly for some, has come to an end. I saw many many more cute and scary animals, I cant post all the pictures and all the stories, but this was a blast to write.
And just so you guys have some proof that I didn't steal the pictures form "wikipedia" or something, this is me feeding a previously mentioned barbary sheep and driving at the same time.
Thanks for reading.


Blogger Templates

Blogger Templates

No hay comentarios: