domingo, 14 de octubre de 2012

Something (Part two)


Something (Part two)

By: Carla Sierra Arzuffi


It is an unexplainable feeling. My heart is beating faster than usual, my breath is extremely loud, there is a tingling in my toes, and yet I cannot move. I feel as though I might explode into a million pieces right in this moment. And yet I cannot move. My eyes search franticly for a piece of information that can explain what is happening right at this moment. The green fluorescent numbers of my alarm clock mark that one-minute has passed. And still I cant move. 
I hear a soft pacing coming from the right side of my room. I try to hold my breath. I feel it. There is something here, inside. I don’t want that something to know that I am awake, or incapable of moving. I feel completely exposed. The pacing grows louder. Someone, or something is here with me, and it is getting anxious. Of what?
Plap.
Plap, plap.
Plap, plap, plap.
Faster and faster. Why can’t I move?

Suddenly there is silence. I do not dare to take a breath, even tough I desperately need one. I feel something lean on my bed. I can feel its weight crashing on the mattress. A tear starts to slide down my cheek. I want to rub if off.
All I can think is “Please, please, don’t kill me, whatever or whoever you are, don’t kill me. Im not ready to die. Not yet. Please”.

“I wont kill you” a deep manly voice whispers close to my ear. I feel a goose bump rise on top of my neck and travel down my spine. Did I just hear that? 
Did I say what I was thinking out loud? No, that is not possible. Nothing of what is happening right now is possible. I want to yank free from these invisible ropes that are holding me so tight, too tight. I cant breathe, I cant think clearly. I am scared shitless. A million confusing questions fill my mind. Another tears escapes my eyelid. Am I dreaming? Is this real? It feels real. But it cant be. 

I hear footsteps on the hallway outside my bedroom. Its probably my dad, half asleep and stumbling on his way to his bedroom as he does every night. The something hears it too.  

“I cant stay, I have to go. But I will be back my sweet Caroline” the something whispers again, this time closer to my ear, so much closer that I can feel his breath on my neck. He gets up from my bed, the mattress makes a groaning-like sound. And then there is the plap plap plap again. It fades away into silence.

My body slowly starts to relax and I can move my stiff limbs again. The drowsiness of the moment starts to take over me, and before I can think of what just happened I fall asleep.

I dream of a cave filled with cobwebs, millions of them, rapidly surrounding me, applying pressure over my broken body. I am loosing control. The fight inside of me is long gone. A deep laugh echoes in the darkness of the cave as a sweet voice that comes from somewhere below sings:

The day has come
Oh the day has arrived
It has been released
There is no going back.
Don’t try to fight.
No turning back.
Something has come.
It will be done.”

To be continued...

C.L.S.A

No hay comentarios: