martes, 29 de mayo de 2012

The lucky four

There are four (because five is too mainstream) people that have completely changed my life without them knowing it. They have been a complete inspiration and essential in particular moments in my life. I don't know them and they obviously don't know me, but I will always love them and be grateful.
Here they are:

1. J.k Rowling: Harry Potter did so many things for me, when I was 13 it brought my love for reading back to life, it united me with my now best friends and it took me to a magical world on and on and on and on. What more can I ask for? Thanks J.K!


2. Peter Jackson: he is the director of my favorite movies of all time "The Lord of the Rings", of course the books are amazing (thanks Tolkien) but for me this is the ONLY case that a movie is better than the book. My love for this trilogy is eternal, it will never die, and whenever I need to cheer up, I just sit and watch this amazing (extended versions) movies for a whole weekend and then everything is somehow alright.  Thanks Peter!


3. Cat Stevens: now known as Yusuf Islam. His songs and lyrics manage to inspire and touch me every single time. Its weird, its like this stranger and me are connected, and the things he sings and talks about make perfect sense. His music was there when I must needed something/someone to understand. Thanks Yusuf!



4. Kelly Link: two years ago I didn't know who this lady was, but by chance, when I was traveling in Rome, I came across one of her books entitled: "Pretty Monsters". Long story short, this book, by this particular author helped me come out of my shell as a writer. I use to love writing, but I always felt stiff, like I couldn't just write what I wanted, but then I read Miss Link and then Booooom!, I felt allowed and entitled to put on writing my crazy ideas, worlds, characters and peculiar way of writing, she helped finally set free my style as a writer. Thanks Kelly!



I had to draw them because, well, just because!
Hasta la vista baby!

C.L.S.A 

No hay comentarios: