jueves, 16 de diciembre de 2010

Sharing with Mr. Stevens.


"Miles from nowhere 
I guess I'll take my time 
Oh yeah, to reach there" 

"Look up at the mountain
I have to climb
Oh yeah, to reach there. "

"Lord my body has been a good friend 
But I won't need it when I reach the end" 

"
Praise for the sweetness of the wet garden
Sprung in completeness where his feet pass"
" I don't want no God on my lawn;
Just a flower I can help along,
'Cause the soul of nobody knows
How a flower grows."

"Yes, I'm like him, just like you, I can't tell you what to do.
Like everybody else I'm searching thru what I've heard."

"Where do you go? When you don't want no one to know?"

"What's my sex, what's my name, all in all it's all the same.
Everybody plays a different game, that is all.
Now, man may live, man may die searching for the question why.
But if he tries to rule the sky he must fall."

"I long to tell you that I'm always thinking of you 
I'm always thinking of you, but my words
just blow away, just blow away "

"I'm always walking with you, but I look and you're not there 
Whoever I'm with, I'm always, always talking to you "

"Cause out on the edge of darkness,
there rides a peace train
Oh peace train take this country, 
come take me home again"

"Now I've been crying lately, 
thinking about the world as it is
Why must we go on hating,
why can't we live in bliss"
"You know I've seen a lot of what the world can do
And it's breaking my heart in two"


"Oh, baby, baby, it's a wild world
It's hard to get by, just upon a smile"

"She hangs her head and cries on my shirt
She must be hurt very badly
Tell me what's making you sadly?"

"Lost in a hall, she can't hear me
Though I know she likes to be near me"

"I know many fine feathered friends 
but their friendliness depends on how you do. 
They know many sure fired ways 
to find out the one who pays 
and how you do. "

"Don't want to work away 
Doin' just what they all say
"Work hard boy and you'll find
One day you'll have a job like mine" "

""Be wise, look ahead 
Use your eyes" he said 
"Be straight, think right" 
But I might die tonight!"


"And we all know it's better
Yesterday has past
now let's all start the living
for the one that's going to last"

"When the clouds have all gone
there will be no more rain
and the beauty of all things
is uncovered again"

"Don't you feel the day is coming
and it won't be too soon
when the people of the world
can all live in one room"

"I know we've come a long way, 
We're changing day to day, 
But tell me, where do the children play? " 

"Well you roll on roads over fresh green grass.
For your lorry loads pumping petrol gas."

"But will you keep on building higher 
'til there's no more room up there? "

"Will you make us laugh, will you make us cry?
Will you tell us when to live, will you tell us when to die? "

"Where I'll end up well I think, 
only God really knows "

"I listen to my words but
they fall far below
I let my music take me where
my heart wants to go "


"I swam upon the devil's lake 
But never, never never never 
I'll never make the same mistake "


"And if I ever lose my eyes
If my colours all run dry
And if I ever lose my eyes - Oh,
I won't have to cry no more"

"Did it take long to find me
I ask the faithful light"

"It's not time to make a change,
Just relax, take it easy. 
You're still young, that's your fault, 
There's so much you have to know. "

"How can I try to explain, when I do he turns 
away again. 
It's always been the same, same old story.
From the moment 
I could talk I was ordered to listen. "

"All the times that I cried, keeping all the things I knew inside, 
It's hard, but it's harder to ignore it.
If they were right, I'd agree, but it's them you know not me.
Now there's a way and I know that I have to go away."




2 comentarios:

M. Navarro dijo...

miles from nowhere me recordara siempre a verona, el jardin de los misterio y nuestro querido hostal/boarding school.
a mi tambien me gusta cat stevens carls :) es bueno! ;)

Carla Sierra Arzuffi dijo...

siiiiii!!!! tu si sabes ;)