domingo, 12 de diciembre de 2010

Rouse PART TWO

ROUSE
PART TWO
By: Carla Sierra Arzuffi


  I frequently stop, just stop, and think about life. I think everyone should do that. About their lives, other peoples lives, choices. You cant go through this thing we called living with a blindfold in your eyes, I mean you can, but its not something to be proud of, it feels great when you start to see things in a different way. I learned to do that thanks to the hunt. My body and brain experimented new things that I didn't even believe it was possible.

It very dark outside, our house is in the middle of the forest, we own the forest, its a big forest, miles and miles of trees, of freedom. What is freedom anyway? Im feeling very philosophical right now, perhaps is the scotch or the fact that somewhere not very far from where I am right now Rose is thinking of me, as I am thinking of her. 

Rose, sweet Rose. I remember the first time I saw her, we locked eyes at the exact moment, and I knew I just knew I had to know her, that we were meant for each other, and I don't mean in a romantic-lovey-dovey way, I just knew, something was there, stronger than anything I ever felt before. Sounds crazy right? It is a little bit crazy, the whole situation is fucking mental. 

Maybe its time for me to read the book. It has been there waiting for me for a really long time, but I haven't been able to read it, everything will change if I do it. The book. 
I have known the secret about the book since I was 13 years old, but I knew then that I was not ready, that I had to try other things first, try to live a normal life.
I have been trying so hard to hold on to that, I´ve slipped a few times, several, by hunting with Rose. But still, reading it now, before my wedding, I would have to give everything up, everything I know as normal, my normal life.

Hey?! What the hell is wrong with me?! I thought I had already made a choice, when I proposed to blondie. It was a statement, to try to live the perfect life, the human society implied life. Get married, have kids, live in a big house with dog-car-wife-golf-family-work-money-andallofthat.
 My parents want that for me, it is what they did, just looking around this room makes me want to puke. The book is here. I know where it is. Rose is out there. The hunt awaits.

She told me to never let her go. And I did, and I didn't. 

I walk slowly toward the bookshelf where I know I will find it. 

To be continued...... 

1 comentario:

M. Navarro dijo...

i'm liking it!!!! :):)
oye, y esa princesa???! no acabaste :(