viernes, 16 de septiembre de 2011

Peephole (last part)

Peephole
(last part)
(Be sure to read parts one, two, and three)


This was a familiar taste. The best of all. The crème de la crème. I can’t even begin to describe it, it is like trying to simplify your happiest day on earth, the most delicious food, the best fuck you have ever had, your proudest moment, your favorite song, seeing the Eiffel tower for the first time, laughing till you cry, a full moon, driving your first car, getting an A on your hardest exam, your first valentine’s day with someone you love, hearing Claire de Lune on a summer night, climbing on top of a mountain, the love you feel for your soul mate, pleasure, happiness, power building up inside of you.

In the middle of this majestic trance I heard a moan. I stopped looking at “it” and raised my eyes. “Fury eyes” was moaning, heavily. His eyes where no longer what they used to be, they were a strange color and backwards, he was soaked in sweat. I approached him nervously.

“Hey, Adam”- my voice was a whisper; it had been a long since I pronounced his name out loud, or even thought of it. I was scared.

“Are you ok?

 He wasn’t answering. I took the sock out of his mouth, this was a mistake, he started biting his tongue, while blood was coming out of his mouth I tried to open it to place the sock back, but my hands slipped in his chin and cheeks from all the blood. I started screaming.

“ADAM!, PLEASE ADAM, FUCK!, WHAT´S WRONG?”.

The chair started to levitate from the floor with Adam in it, like something was moving him with invisible cords. I could not believe what I was seeing, was this really happening?. I couldn’t let myself see “it” again, but there was this strange light irradiating from “it” and wrapping itself all over Adam. And then I tasted it, the worst feeling I had ever tasted. This was it. I was petrified. I could not move or talk, my mouth was dry. My knees gave up and I fell to the floor. Adam screamed, it was the worst sound I have ever heard.

I remember the first time I ever saw Adam, perfect hair, and a sparkle in his eyes, goodness, sweetness, love. I never was the one to believe in that bullshit, the “love at first sight” kind of thing, but at that very moment, looking into Adam eyes, I knew it was possible, he was my soul mate, we were meant to be together. I never loved anyone as much as I loved him; it was the kind of love that could kill. I remember that feeling, were you know you can’t exist without that other half, him, I remember the taste. But something had gone terribly wrong.

I covered my ears, his scream was suffocating me. The light coming from “it” grew stronger and stronger. I couldn’t see Adam anymore, only that white light, blinding me. I closed my eyes and started to hum loudly. Suddenly Adam stopped screaming and I felt warm. There was finally silence.

I didn’t want to open my eyes. I knew that something had gone wrong, no, not wrong, the worst had finally happened. My eye lids felt heavy but I managed to open them. Adam was gone, the only remains of his presence where now on the floor, the chair, the sheets and my old dirty socks. 

“It” was also gone.

 “It” had finally done its job. “It” had consumed our happiness, our love, the goodness in us, and “it” had consumed Adam. I don’t remember much after that; I can only remember the taste perfectly. The taste of emptiness. The taste of nothing.

 THE END. 

Hope you liked it.
All my loving.
C.L.S.A

2 comentarios:

admin-macuil dijo...

The use of the smell-taste power.
Clever, intimate.

Liked also the "it" as something desired and not defined.

("innocence", "youth", "the past", "the relation"...)

Excellent story, in several ways

Carla Sierra Arzuffi dijo...

:D Thank you! :D